Monday, April 9, 2007

...about TV: Simon Cowell: The Man Behind the Scowl

Thanks for the article. I have to agree with Amrita. Women should not be looking for someone who's cruel for cruel's sake. That's not attractive. Honesty doesn't have to be cruel. I had to take a break from the show because it was too painful for everyone involved. Kudos to Ryan Seacrest for demonstrating how the clarity of honesty should be used on Idol. You ring like a bell, Ryan.

In the early beginnings of Idol, I felt that Simon's honesty was refreshing, although sometimes harsh, up against the milk-toast evasiveness of some of the other critiques. His critiques of the contestants' talent were right on the money, meaning I was saying the same thing while watching from home. Even when he originally didn't like the talent of some of the contestants that actually went on to win, he was still right, in my opinion. But as the show grew, it seemed to me that Simon turned his honesty into a creative catch phrase to get more ratings. At least, I hope that's what happened. The problem with doing that is it changes the spirit of the honesty into sadism. No one wants that, not in a man, and not on TV.

I would like to see more press about what Ruben Studdard is doing? He is the most talented of all the Idol winners.



http://blogcritics.org/video/

No comments: